SEP open Thru 8/15!
The SEP is in accordance with the Executive Order issued by President Biden, in response to the ongoing national emergency presented by COVID-19. Adding 7,600 enrollees to their existing 82,000 Open Enrollment 2021 members.
Thanks to the recently passed American Rescue Plan, Nevada Health Link is now offering increased subsidies to help pay for members coverage. Most people who currently have a plan through Nevada Health Link will see a much lower monthly premium cost, and people who may have earned too much to get financial help in the past will now be eligible for the first time.
- This SEP is intended to allow consumers with no existing coverage (different than FFM states) to enroll in ACA health/dental plans.
- Consumers with existing coverage through the Exchange will not be allowed to modify current plan selections (this only applies to Nevada not FFM states).
- Enrollment for a Qualified Health Plan (QHP) through Nevada Health Link is typically limited to the Open Enrollment Period, which occurs only once per year. The Open Enrollment period begins on November 1st and ends on January 15th. In order to receive coverage by January 1st, you must complete your application by December 31st
Here’s what is being offered through Nevada Health Link:
- More Nevadans Qualify for Savings: New insurance premium savings apply to Nevadans making more than 400% of the federal poverty level. So even if your prospect thinks they don’t qualify for financial assistance (subsidies or tax credits), they may actually have significant savings waiting to be claimed.
- Premiums for the Unemployed Start at $0: The American Rescue Plan provides subsidies for Nevadans who have recently received unemployment insurance. Those premiums can be as low as $0.
- Insured Nevadans Can Save: If you already have insurance purchased through Nevada Health Link, or through another provider, you can still save. Nevada’s special enrollment period allows you to update your member’s enrollment, enroll in coverage and claim those savings through August 15, 2021.
- For Uninsured Nevadans, Coverage Has Never Been Cheaper: If you have uninsured prospects who are uninsured because health insurance has always been out of your reach, now is the time to check back with Nevada Health Link. The cost of health insurance has dropped dramatically and you might be surprised at how inexpensive quality insurance plans have become.
Follow the links to learn how to get licensed and certified to sell in Nevada through their state-based exchange, once you are certified you may begin the appointment process with us to either add the state to your existing contracts or to obtain a new appointment. As always if you need help you may contact us at (888) 206-9133 or email email@example.com